Monday, 24 August 2009

Thanks

I'm fasting today. I've a feeling it won't be difficult. Don't know how long I want to fast for. If I end up eating I'll make sure I keep it below 500 for the second day of ABC.

Being skinny will obviously not make anything easier, but it's something to focus on. If I'm thinking about not eating all day I won't be able to think about anything else.

Thank you for all the comments. I really appreciated them. I know everyone has something like this in life. It's shit for all of us so I won't feel sorry for myself. Just keep going til it's forgotten about.

I started exercising again last night. It really helps to avoid eating. When you feel how sore it is to work the calories off you know that eating that unnecessary snack is just not worth it. I only got 70 sit ups done before all the stuff last night happened, but it's a start.

Got my reading lists from Cambridge this morning. I have to email my director of studies telling her what papers I want to study this year. I like the sound of French Literature and German History and Thought since 1750 so I think that's what I'll be doing. Anyone got any tips on writing formal emails? She used "Dear" and my first name to start it off, and seems really friendly, told me not to hesitate to ask her if I needed anything, and I think she's only the Director of Studies for a small number of students, so I'm not sure whether to use her first name or call her Ms. ------.

Hope everyone's having a good day. Thanks for the support again. xx

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better today and focussing on other stuff. just cuz many people experience something doesn't make it any less painful for you. i'm sorry i suck at emailing people in authority so you'll have to wait for somebody else to comment to give you advice on that :) take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things get better for you soon sweets, its good your trying to move past it tho.
    I find when things get bad my habits are a blessing, they keep me focused and more in control.
    Good luck fasting darl!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck fasting today.
    It's always good to have something to take your mind of whatever.
    I'm glad today is a slightly better day, hon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm fasting today 2!! stay strong n good luck :) xx L

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're keeping busy. :)

    Hmm, formal emails.... I'd start off by writing "Dear Ms. So-and-So" because if she wants you to call her something different, she'll say. Unless she's a Professor or Doctor, then call her "Professor (or 'Doctor') Whoever". When typing a formal document of any kind, usually you NEVER indent paragraphs in the body of the writing, just have a one-line space in between each.

    This page may help explain it better:

    http://www.hanyangowl.org/media/formalemail/formalemailformat.pdf

    And in person and on the phone, you could call her "ma'am", just because adults seem to like that, if you're answering a question... "yes ma'am" or "no ma'am"... unless they think it makes them feel old. Because most people see it as a sign of respect, and I've only ever heard of one woman requesting not to be called "ma'am" and she was rather petty and not too much deserving of the respect anyway.

    Taking on Cambridge... wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the fast can keep your mind busy. Stay strong with it sweetheart. Everything will get better with time. I find that the pain of exercise also helps to keep my mind of any emotional pain, but sometimes i can be too depressed to even do that. Just an idea, if you feel up to it.

    I'd start the e-mail off with Dear Ms ---. I'm sure you can't go wrong that way and if she wants you to call her by her first name, she will say so.

    More hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ((hugs&kisses))
    stay strong darling!!
    umm well you could write an email in french haha
    that'll really impress her
    or mix both french and german
    ok jk lol
    start by saying
    whats up ms.,
    whats gwanin?innit
    (means-whats going on)
    show her you're cool
    hehehe

    have a goodday hun
    lots & lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I'm so glad we don't have that firstname or surname problem here, no miss or misses, everyone is just called by their first name or names :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah i use ana as an escape i guess too kind of.
    things will get better give it some time.
    and thank you so much or all of your comments, they mean so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's how i got my problems with food.. it's kind of like the only thing i could control.
    Not much control at the moment but it'll come back.
    Just focus on what's ahead, Cambridge (That is fucking fantastic btw) & getting smaller & yeah.

    Stay safe & i hope you're alright.

    Yasmine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for reading list! <3
    How exciting. It's all starting to fall into place. You will rule Cambridge. Those sound like very interesting classes! I always loved history stuffs. :B As far as formal emails, mmm. I do not know. I would think you dont even think you would need to use "dear" you could just say "Ms. Soandso," and then continue to the body of the message. Idk. =) That's why you are in Cambridge and I am not.

    ReplyDelete