Monday, 2 August 2010

Moving on, pulling boys, being happy.

The most amazing weekend started with one of the worst nights. I basically found out that my ex, who I'd been falling for again because he's been texting, calling, showing me heaps more attention and being like we used to be, has been sleeping around. I thought he'd cheated on me and then calmed down because of us breaking up and him being upset, but apparently not. So much so that he's booked himself in for a sexual health check. This was how I found out. So I realised that he has not deserved half of all the time, effort and thought I've been putting into him. So I stopped. I made that decision and I stuck to it. Didn't reply to his email about the health check, didn't reply to the random attention seeking text he sent me this morning, and barely thought about him all weekend.

That was because this weekend was fabulous - a night at the movies on Friday (Inception is amazing) followed by Belfast Gay Pride on Saturday. It was one of those occasions where you're like "shit, I can't go to this, I know literally ONE person, I will be lost and a loser and on my own and weird." So I went, knowing one person, and came home with like 10 new friends, most of which are male, gay and hot... but I'll get on to that bit in a minute ;)


Since being single my mind has been off sex. I just couldn't think about it out of loyalty to him. That snapped in my mind after I found out what he's been doing, and I just felt free. Free to have fun, be myself, meet new people, come on to hot boys and PULL. Which I did, with 4 guys. JUST KISSING, I'M NO HO. But yeah, MAJOR step for me considering how I've been for the last few months. Also, two of them were 20 year old blonde twins... I think that gets me extra points, yes? hahaha

I also got a MASSIVE catch up with some fantastic female friends who are just wonderful people. Laughed so much I had tears streaming down my face. Proper anchors in my life they are.



Very very drunk by the end of saturday night, very very hungover by Sunday afternoon. All of which made for an interesting train ride home. My backpack strewn across the table in the train, myself slumped back in my chair wearing yesterday's clothes, sunglasses to cover my lack-of-sleep eyes, and my face and hair plastered with glitter, whilst sober people walked past trying and failing not to stare/abuse. Can't say I didn't enjoy watching their reactions though... heee.

BUT YES. Lots of alcohol was VERY worth it, despite all the calories. Now I'm going for a FAST. Anyway, I DO need to drink pints and pints of water to make up for what was at least 25 units of alcohol...

Peace :)
J x

8 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time and that its picking up, its good that your surrounding yourself with good people :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear that you had fun :)
    You're right, despite all the calories, from time to time alcohol and having a good time is just the thing one needs..
    I'm glad you're fasting as well :)
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. J, you were great for going when knowing one person! I'm so glad you had fan (it sounds like a blast!)

    I'm not much of a promiscuous person, but sure some messing around helps moving on! ;-)

    Let's be strong together for this fast!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. TWINS Basil, TWINS!!

    You fucking LEGEND!!!

    *High fives you across the internet*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Na, das ist ne Überraschung etwas Deutsches von dir zu lesen :P
    Kann mich dran erinnern, dass du meintest, du lernst Deutsch. Und hört sich nicht schlecht an! :) Also wenn du irgendwann mal Fragen hast, weißt du an wen du dich wenden kannst ;) Aber wie gesagt, du scheinst echt schon gut zu sein :)

    Dir auch viel Glück, wir schaffen das!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a wonderful weekend! I keep hearing Inception is a great movie, I want to see it now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was planning on doing the same! I was gonna skip the country and go study in Australia, because we all know how wonderful Otago's reputation is D:< (Dad put my board up so I couldn't afford plane tickets. CUNT!!)

    In the language of the internet; *Ahem*

    Pics or it didn't happen!

    XD


    You lucky dog, I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those type of weekends are such a necessity aren't they? make you feel good and confident. and yeah you get major points for the twins, i'm jealous
    stay strong
    muah

    ReplyDelete